Reply To: Participant Introductions

Home Forums Restricted content Participant Introductions Reply To: Participant Introductions

Melissa TiessenMelissa Tiessen
Participant

Hello from friendly Manitoba to this wonderful and varied group! I’m Melissa Tiessen and I am a clinical psychologist in private practice in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I think about 3 1/2 years ago I first came across a workshop given by Howard through the CE provider PESI and then started seeing ads for Curable. I will admit I was skeptical of both at the beginning, but somehow came across more and more resources and have since become completely converted. I have done training in PRT, Freedom from Chronic Pain, and EAET. I am also trained in mindfulness, EMDR, and have some basic training in IFS.
All of my new referrals are now primarily in the area of chronic pain. The new knowledge and skills I have gained by going down the mind-body pain rabbit hole have been invaluable and unlike most of my colleagues who avoid working with people with chronic pain, I have found this to be the most rewarding work so far of my career. I’m looking forward to the ongoing learning and consultation opportunities. Really appreciate that you have made this available to us Howard and Alicia.
Oh, and like probably everyone else, I have used these approaches to deal with my own chronic pain symptoms, including shooting lightning-bolt-like pain in one eye (which started after a minor injury in the early days of the pandemic when everyone was being told to avoid going to the hospital and I had a 3 year old who couldn’t go to daycare anymore and like everyone else I was trying to figure out the transition to working online and was consuming way too much scary news media. Need I say more?!)