Participant Introductions

Home Forums Restricted content Participant Introductions

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    bratheybrathey
    Participant

Yes, Howard, and exactly that seems to be an always amazing and everlasting adventure, right? Thanks to you and Alicia for your preparation work and also thanks to Dawn Harvie for initiating the introduction part. Regards to all and have an enjoyable weekend! Beatrice

Kylie GilmoreKylie Gilmore
    Participant

Hi,

I’m Kylie Gilmore. I have just joined the course. I am an internal medicine physician in New Zealand. I specialize in acute medicine and maternal medicine. I’m also a lecturer at The University of Auckland. I am hoping to work in the mind-body field once I recover from my own chronic symptoms. I have been having mind- body symptoms for 1.5 years. I’m Just finishing the Curable groups course and doing pain reprocessing therapy. I’m looking forward to learning more on the Ovid dx course.

Melissa TiessenMelissa Tiessen
    Participant

Hello from friendly Manitoba to this wonderful and varied group! I’m Melissa Tiessen and I am a clinical psychologist in private practice in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I think about 3 1/2 years ago I first came across a workshop given by Howard through the CE provider PESI and then started seeing ads for Curable. I will admit I was skeptical of both at the beginning, but somehow came across more and more resources and have since become completely converted. I have done training in PRT, Freedom from Chronic Pain, and EAET. I am also trained in mindfulness, EMDR, and have some basic training in IFS.
    All of my new referrals are now primarily in the area of chronic pain. The new knowledge and skills I have gained by going down the mind-body pain rabbit hole have been invaluable and unlike most of my colleagues who avoid working with people with chronic pain, I have found this to be the most rewarding work so far of my career. I’m looking forward to the ongoing learning and consultation opportunities. Really appreciate that you have made this available to us Howard and Alicia.
    Oh, and like probably everyone else, I have used these approaches to deal with my own chronic pain symptoms, including shooting lightning-bolt-like pain in one eye (which started after a minor injury in the early days of the pandemic when everyone was being told to avoid going to the hospital and I had a 3 year old who couldn’t go to daycare anymore and like everyone else I was trying to figure out the transition to working online and was consuming way too much scary news media. Need I say more?!)

pnurzynskipnurzynski
    Participant

Hello, I’m Piotr Nurzynski. I’m physician from Poland. I was doing Radiology residency, but I quit it after discovering it is not what i want to do. Then I became intrested in chronic diseases and lifestyle changes – nutrition, exercises, supplementation etc. I started to read a lot researches about fibromyalgia to help my friend, but nothing what we tried seemed to help. By accident I listened to Dr Howard’s podcast with Dr Rangan Chatterje and thats how I became intrested in psychosomatic medicine. I’m very happy I joined this course because I feel its a big blind spot in mainstream medicine. I see many people with that kind of problems around. I used to have strong backpain, which I now see was clearly psychosomatic. I will try to use this knowledge to help couple of people and see where it goes. Thanks to Hoaward and Alicia for making this course and for the additional stories and insights from all participants.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.