Presentation Advice

Home Forums Restricted content Presentation Advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bstreufertbstreufert
    Participant

Hi all,

I have been encouraged to consider giving a presentation about this work to our local PT school, and I’d like to start giving some lunch and learn talks to local medical providers. I’m wondering if anyone has a basic presentation outline or can recommend what information I prioritize for these audiences and how to lay a foundation and build a case that makes the most sense to them? I’ve seen so many of Howard’s presentations, which have been fantastic (and I’m terrified of pilfering any part of them for my own use so am trying to be careful not to do so). I feel comfortable with how I understand the information and communicate it to patients, I have a couple of my own life examples to include, but communicating this information to the medically trained masses is the next step for which I don’t yet feel prepared or confident. Ideally I’d like to develop different segments of presentations from which I can later pick and choose to assemble for specific audiences (eg medical providers, mental health providers, patients) and time constraints.

Thank you all for any advice you can offer!

David SchwarzDavid Schwarz
    Participant

By PT, I am assuming you mean physical therapy? If so, I’d be more than happy to discuss what that presentation could look like. I’m currently working on a presentation on FND that is focus on physical therapists though it is also relevant to other rehabilitation providers. I’ve done education on pain individually and to groups in professional and post professional physical therapy settings. Let me know if you want to chat!
    -David

bstreufertbstreufert
    Participant

Thank you for the offer, David. Yes, Physical Therapy. As I was networking and discussing this work with an old mentor, who is also a psychologist and on faculty at our local university, she’d casually made the suggestion (I think her daughter is in PT). And she might ask me to present in the psych department too. I want to be able to give presentations in the community anyway (our library is open to hosting community members so I thought this might be a great outreach to potential patients as well) and want to be ready whenever there’s an opportunity, or to create my own opportunities. I’d love to collaborate! You (and anyone else) can reach me through email at drstreufert@pm.me.

Thank you so much!

~ Brindi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.