Practicing in multiple states, tax question

Home Forums Restricted content Practicing in multiple states, tax question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rhollanderrhollander
    Participant

I’m considering starting my own virtual mind-body practice in the next few months. I’ve had a lot of life changes and I’m contemplating where I want to live and perhaps practicing in multiple states, like Arkansas where my parents live and California where I’d prefer to live so I can come and go between and network amongst more people. As I understand, health coaches practice across state lines and doctors practicing under a medical license can practice across state lines as long as they are licensed in the state where the patient is. How does this work with taxes? Do you pay taxes on your income in multiple states? Anyone have any experience with this or insight? Any bookkeeping tips? Thanks. Rachel

bstreufertbstreufert
    Participant

I’m interested too, Rachel. I’m a psychologist and we can practice in states in which we’re licensed (which for me is Nebraska and Tennessee), but I do telehealth and recently got my PsyPact certificate to practice telehealth in some other states. I’m not planning to make a habit of it but would be willing to take referrals on a case by case basis provided the client isn’t chronically or acutely suicidal. Since I’m just starting out I haven’t had to do taxes yet and will have an accountant to them when the time comes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.