Marketing materials

Home Forums Restricted content Marketing materials

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bstreufertbstreufert
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m just starting up my private practice as a clinical psychologist and want to specialize in chronic pain and MBDs. I’m wondering if anyone has a succinct, one page flyer they’re using (and would be willing to share with credit) to give patients and/or medical providers to whom they market that summarizes the literature? I’m looking for something similar to what’s on the OvidDx homepage I think. I don’t want to reinvent the wheel if there’s something that’s already been done well. Thanks in advance!

khugheskhughes
    Participant

That’s a wonderful idea! I am looking for something similar but haven’t come across anything yet…nor have I been able to design anything>.. 🙂 Karin

bstreufertbstreufert
    Participant

Yes, I have tried writing something up, but I’m finding that’s just not my gift so it’s been quite difficult! ~ Brindi

hschubinerhschubiner

I work for cormendihealth.com that was started by Dr. John Stracks, so you might want to look at our website.
    Dr. Brad Fanestil in Boulder also runs a private practice, as does Dr. Matt McClanahan in Chattanooga.
    Best, Howard

abatsonabatson

Great idea! We will make one for everyone and post it. If there is a specific information you are looking for to be on it, let me know.

bstreufertbstreufert
    Participant

That would be amazing, thank you so much! I’d just like to have a succinct, non-threatening, cited summary for physicians to motivate them to refer to me, and something simple they can hand their patients or I can distribute to the public that might be less “medical jargon” but still understandable that would motivate them to try my services.

bkennedybkennedy
    Participant

This isn’t a flyer, but I made a video that’s on youtube that is essentially my introductory class to patients to explain the science in simple terms. https://youtu.be/r5V4hRm39RI.
    And I am open to any and all suggestions about it!

David Schwarzdschwarz
    Participant

I have used Chatgpt to help write some patient materials. The cool thing is that you can specify things like asking it to write at a 6th grade reading level for accessibility.

rhollanderrhollander
    Participant

Rebecca, thank you so much for sharing your video. I think it’s really useful. I’m impressed at the quality. Three slides especially help me explain ideas better including the slide about the 5% of the brain that is conscious and 95% unconscious (Alicia reiterated this in Yesterdays zoom, but I had never seen it presented that way before somehow). I also found the slide about the thinking versus danger part of the brain and the slide with the battery metaphor useful. As a fellow primary care provider (although currently working since learning about these ideas), I’m curious, how has it been for you integrating these ideas into your practice? How long have you been doing so? How is it received by other doctors at Kaiser where you work? Rachel Hollander

bkennedybkennedy
    Participant

Hi Rachel,
    I appreciate your thoughts about the video. I have found these ideas transformative and what has been missing from the medical paradigm. I have a bit of time in the Kaiser integrative clinic where I work with patients in this capacity. Being Portland OR people are probably a bit more open to these ideas. Most patients land in my office having no idea what I do. I have been doing this work for a bit over a year. About 50% of the patients roughly are on board with the ideas and very grateful to hear about them. Maybe 20% are somewhat open to them, but they don’t entirely make sense initially. Some stay with me despite not believing it because they literally have exhausted all other options. I’d say less than 5% things its bunk and move on.
    I work in cross cover for primary care as well. In that context the numbers are a lot lower. But I still bring it up a lot and have many people very excited about it and follow up with me in the integrative clinic. In that setting, I generally toss out a nugget about the idea in general and see how they respond before I go too far. I say something like ‘there is new science that understands these symptoms in a different way through the lens of the nervous system. I work with patients with this new science. Are you interested in hearing about it?” I explain just a little bit at a time feeling their reaction out. If they are not interested at all, I follow the party line and prescribe some sort of med that probably won’t help them :). I would be happy to talk more specifically anytime. becca.kennedy@gmail.com.

bstreufertbstreufert
    Participant

Thank you for sharing your video, Becca! I thought it was helpful and I’m going to send it to a few family members to see what they think of it. I’ll add it to my resource list as I develop my protocol for how to start my visits. As a psychologist I’ll have a different structure for how my visits go but if I send them your video ahead of time and can tell them I’m trained in the treatments you recommend, that could go a long way.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.