Benign Fasciculation Syndrome (BFS)

Home Forums Restricted content Benign Fasciculation Syndrome (BFS)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dawn HarvieDawn Harvie
    Participant

Does anyone have any experience of Benign Fasciculation Syndrome (BFS) (twitching, in this case in the calves and now the thighs)? According to the individual’s doctor, it is an autoimmune disorder and there is no treatment. He has had it for about 10-12 years. Did all the testing, esp for ALS. Also seeing some lower back pain recently (I don’t believe there is a history of back pain). This individual, 70yo, has many of the personality traits associated with PPD/MBS. Former Navy and demonstrates “military precision” in most things. Does not do a great job of fully expressing emotions. Also has a ton of disappointment around not being able to travel due to this symptom. This is a friend, not a client. Does not believe in PPD/MBS. Just thinking if anyone has had success, and I put it to him around the travel (i.e. possibly being able to continue), he might be more open to it. Or not. I’m outcome independent. 🙂

khugheskhughes
    Participant

hi David
    alas I don’t have any experience with benign fasciculation syndrome. Thanks for posting. Karin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.